Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The road to Indy

OK. I am on my way to Indianapolis. I am going there because I have taken leave of my senses. I am going to begin training new drivers!

Yes, that's right. Two whole years of experience and I'm teaching new guys to drive. Not from the beginning of course, just polishing them up where needed so they have a good mentor for a few weeks. I hope I'm up for this... I hear a lot of horror stories. I'm not sure how many are embellished (truckers are great storytellers) but I tend to think there is a grain of truth behind each story.

Time will tell.

In related news, I saw my first wrong-way driver today. I76 westbound in western PA, I came upon a four-wheeler rolling east in the westbound shoulder lane. This is new on me. I've heard of course of the person who got on thee wrong way and was struck and killed (usually) head-on but I never saw one BEFORE the end result. Until now.

I was talking to my sweetie soon after when I hear over the radio that the state police were Code 3 after him. Good. Unfortunately, too late. He hit another car before the bears could grab him. How do people get into these situations?

Signing off for now, I will let you know how the training thing goes!

Brian

No comments: