Saturday, September 1, 2007

Home at last!

After days of trying to get a load (and deadline) that would get me home, I am finally here.

I have missed (again) my loved one's birthday. This means I have a lot of making up to do. The company has never been this late getting me home before. I know they make every effort to get me home when I ask to be but this time was the worst. Never before have I been home more than 24 hours late. Sigh. But she loves me anyway and I take comfort in that.

The dogs were, of course, thrilled to see me again. One could actually feel their happiness at seeing Daddy again! Even Junior, my pit bull, was leaping for joy. I know he misses being on the truck with me but he's happier at home with Google, my wife's mini poodle and her two cats. He gets a lot more exercise running after the poodle and occasionally the cat, who just ASKS for it by taking off running in front of a dog.

Anyway, I have people to meet and things to do, no rest for the wicked here!

See you after Labor Day!

Jelly Bean

No comments: